come to one's sensesidiom
Definition of come to one's senses
: to begin to think in a sensible or correct way after being foolish or wrong He finally came to his senses and gave up his plans to quit his job and become an artist. When will you come to your senses? Don't you realize that she's been lying to you?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?