come over toidiom
Definition of come over to
1 : to make a social visit to (a place) Why don't you come over to my place after work?
2 : to change to (the other side) in a disagreement, competition, etc. I've been trying to persuade her to come over to our side, but I haven't convinced her yet.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?