come afterphrasal verb
came after; come after; coming after; comes after
Definition of come after
: to chase (someone) : to try to find or capture (someone you want to hurt or punish) They're worried that the government might be coming after them.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game