Definition of combinatory logic
: a branch of symbolic logic that deals especially with the notion of substitution and the eliminability of variables in favor of special function symbols
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game