Definition of combi
1 : a device or vehicle having two or more functions or capabilities Combis haul between 30 and 35 tons of cargo, along with 275 passengers …— Jeffrey Leib, The Denver Post, 27 Dec. 1998 Monday, he polishes the collection of copper-bottomed pots and cleans the “combi”—a multi-tiered stand-alone convection and steam oven in which bread is baked.— Domenica Marchetti, The Washington Post, 3 Apr. 2014 —often used before another noun She roasts the pork in a combi oven, which blasts waves of heat, first moist then dry.— Kim Severson, The New York Times, 3 Feb. 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game