comb outphrasal verb
combed out; combing out; combs out
Definition of comb out
1 : to make (hair) neat and smooth with a comb She sat in front of the mirror combing out her hair.
2 : to smooth out (tangles in hair) with a comb Her mother combed the tangles out.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- April 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game