co·mal | \ ˈkōməl\
Definition of comal
(Entry 1 of 2)
: having or being a coma a comal tuft
co·mal | \ kōˈmäl\
plural comals\ -lz \ or comales\ -(ˌ)lās \
Definition of comal (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : a flat slab of sandstone used as a griddle
2 : a griddle of earthenware or metal
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game