coll'ottavaadverb (or adjective)
coll'ot·ta·va | \ (ˈ)kōlȯ¦tävə, -lə¦-\
Definition of coll'ottava
: with the addition of the octave above or the octave below the note on the written score —used as a direction in music —abbreviation coll' 8
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game