Definition of cole
(Entry 1 of 2)
: any of several brassicas especially : any of various crop plants (such as broccoli, kale, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, and kohlrabi) derived from the same wild cabbage (Brassica oleracea)
Definition of Cole (Entry 2 of 2)
Thomas 1801–1848 American (English-born) painter
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game