cockpit voice recordernoun
Definition of cockpit voice recorder
: a device that records the voices of the pilots and crew in the cockpit of an airplane If an airplane crashes, its cockpit voice recorder can be used to help find out what caused it to crash.
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game