Definition of cochairperson
: one of two or more chairmen who preside jointly over something (such as a meeting, organization, committee, event, or department): cochair, cochairman She was also cochairperson, along with the New York City parks commissioner, of the Evenings-by-the-River committee … .— William Edward Nelson He is cochairperson of the Colorado chapter of the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network …— Wallace Swan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?