Definition of cochairman
: one of two or more chairmen who preside jointly over something (such as a meeting, organization, committee, event, or department): cochair, cochairperson … Simmons served as cochairman of the march, along with the Rev. Al Sharpton and Martin Luther King III …— Johnnie L. Roberts The President today announced that he will nominate Carin Ann Clauss to be Solicitor of the Department of Labor. … She was cochairman of the Labor Committee of the Federal Bar Association in 1968 and 1972. — Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States: Jimmy Carter, 1977
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?