Definition of cochairman
: one of two or more chairmen who preside jointly over something (such as a meeting, organization, committee, event, or department): cochair, cochairperson … Simmons served as cochairman of the march, along with the Rev. Al Sharpton and Martin Luther King III …— Johnnie L. Roberts The President today announced that he will nominate Carin Ann Clauss to be Solicitor of the Department of Labor. … She was cochairman of the Labor Committee of the Federal Bar Association in 1968 and 1972. — Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States: Jimmy Carter, 1977
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game