variants: or co-action
plural coactions or co-actions
Definition of coaction
: joint or concurrent action To be sure, in a prophetic paper the British mathematician Yule (1902: 234-235) had suggested that continuous variation might be due to the coaction of multiple factors.— Ernst Mayer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?