plural cloud bases also cloudbases
Definition of cloud base
: the lower edge of a cloud or cloud system a low cloud base The tools of its trade include a pair of wings that can take it soaring to cloudbase or turn it into a feathered projectile capable of gliding or diving at 95 km/h …— Peter Meredith, Australian Geographic, January–March 1990
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?