plural cloud bases also cloudbases
Definition of cloud base
: the lower edge of a cloud or cloud system a low cloud base The tools of its trade include a pair of wings that can take it soaring to cloudbase or turn it into a feathered projectile capable of gliding or diving at 95 km/h …— Peter Meredith, Australian Geographic, January–March 1990
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game