clear up (something)idiom
Definition of clear up (something)
1 : to cause (something) to go away The cream has cleared up my symptoms.
2 : to make (something) clear by explaining it clear up a mystery
3 : to cause the end of (something) by talking about it or dealing with it We need to clear up these misunderstandings.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game