claw one's wayidiom
Definition of claw one's way
: to move ahead slowly by grabbing onto things The climbers clawed their way up the steep terrain. —often used figuratively The company is clawing its way out of bankruptcy.He clawed his way to the top of his profession.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?