clav·i·lux | \ -vəˌləks\
Definition of clavilux
: an instrument for throwing upon a screen varying patterns of light and color that permit combinations analogous to the successive phrases and themes of music
— called also color organ
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game