clams casinonoun, plural in form but singular or plural in construction, often capitalized second C
Definition of clams casino
: clams on the half shell typically topped with bacon, bread crumbs, green pepper, and Parmesan cheese and baked or broiled
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?