cid·a·ris | \ ˈsidərə̇s\
Definition of cidaris
1 plural cidares\ -ˌrēz\ [ Latin, from Greek kidaris, probably of Semitic origin; akin to Hebrew kether crown ] : the royal tiara of the ancient Persian kings
2 capitalized [ New Latin, from Latin ] : the type genus of Cidaridae
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game