cid·a·ris | \ ˈsidərə̇s\
Definition of cidaris
1 plural cidares\ -ˌrēz\ [ Latin, from Greek kidaris, probably of Semitic origin; akin to Hebrew kether crown ] : the royal tiara of the ancient Persian kings
2 capitalized [ New Latin, from Latin ] : the type genus of Cidaridae
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game