churned through; churning through; churns through
Definition of churn through
: to proceed through, process, or deal with rapidly or steadily in a mechanical or seemingly mechanical way He churned through Princeton in two years, working himself into a state of near exhaustion.— Timothy Foote For an aggressive trader who churns through 30 or 40 deals a day, the stakes mount quickly—along with the tensions.— Michael Meyer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?