chu·pon | \ chüˈpōn\
Definition of chupon
1a : a tropical American timber tree (Bumelia obtusifolia) with yellowish brown very hard heavy wood
b : a South American timber tree (Gustavia yaracuyensis) of the family Lecythidaceae with dark black-streaked wood
2 : a sucker of the chocolate tree
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?