chuck outphrasal verb
Definition of chuck out
: to force (someone) to leave If they don't pay their rent, the landlord will have to chuck them out. He was chucked out of the bar for being too noisy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game