chrys·elephantine | \ (¦)kris+\
Definition of chryselephantine
: composed of or adorned with gold and ivory she might have been chryselephantine—made, that is, like some old Greek statues, out of ivory and gold— G. K. Chesterton
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game