Definition of chiropractor
: a licensed health-care professional who treats disorders (such as back and neck pain) chiefly of the musculoskeletal system especially through the manual adjustment or manipulation of the spinal vertebrae to correct nervous system dysfunction : a specialist in chiropractic The broad field of sports medicine includes many different practitioners, from massage therapists, acupuncturists and chiropractors to osteopaths, physicians, dentists, podiatrists, psychologists and psychiatrists.— Carol L. Otis
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game