chime in withidiom
Definition of chime in with
1 : to add (one's comment or opinion) to a conversation or discussion that one has been listening to He kept chiming in with his opinions.
2 : to be in agreement or harmony with (something) The illustrations chimed in perfectly with the story.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?