Definition of chestnut brown
: a moderate brown that is yellower and duller than toast brown, yellower, less strong, and slightly lighter than bay, redder and lighter than coffee, and yellower and slightly duller than auburn — compare chestnut sense 2b
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game