cheat onphrasal verb
cheated on; cheating on; cheats on
Definition of cheat on
: to break a promise made to (someone, such as one's wife or husband) by having sex with someone else He cheated on his wife/girlfriend.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game