Definition of chantecler
(Entry 1 of 2)
variant of chanticleer
Chan·te·cler | \ ¦chantə¦kli(ə)r, -aan-, -ain-, -le(ə)r, -liə, -leə also ¦sh-\
Definition of Chantecler (Entry 2 of 2)
: a breed of robust general-purpose fowls of Canadian origin with small comb and wattles and white or partridge plumage
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?