cellulose acetate butyratenoun
Definition of cellulose acetate butyrate
: any of several mixed esters that are formed by acylation of cellulose with a mixture of acetic and butyric acids and anhydrides and an acid catalyst, that are thermoplastic like cellulose acetates but have a wider range of solubility and are more moisture-resistant, and that are used in molded and extruded plastics and in lacquers
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?