cause/create/leave a vacuumidiom
Definition of cause/create/leave a vacuum
: to leave an empty space : to create a situation when an important person or thing has gone and has not been replaced Her death has caused/created/left a vacuum in our lives.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game