variants: or British cat's pyjamas
Definition of cat's pajamas
informal + old-fashioned
: a highly admired or exceptionally excellent person or thing He's the cat's pajamas, I couldn't love, respect, admire, and enjoy that individual more than I do.— Drew Barrymore, quoted in Harper's, 1 Oct. 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?