cast aspersions onidiom
Definition of cast aspersions on
: to criticize (someone or someone's actions or character) harshly or unfairly He tried to avoid casting aspersions on his political opponents. She cast aspersions on the integrity of her boss.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?