cash in onidiom
Definition of cash in on
: to take advantage of (something) in order to make money The magazine is planning to cash in on the hype surrounding the celebrity's wedding by publishing exclusive photos of the ceremony. Carpenters cashed in on the construction boom.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game