Definition of caped
: wearing a cape … had degenerated into one dreary cartoon after another about some caped superhero with a square jaw and no visible sense of humor.— David Handler —used especially in referring to the fictional superhero Batman as "the Caped Crusader" Batman … developed from the stygian vigilante of the thirties into the campy Caped Crusader of the sixties, only to end up a neurotic avenger in the eighties. — Wigwag
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?