Definition of candy corn
: molded candies resembling corn kernels in shape and having usually yellow bases, orange middle sections, and white tips Inside the net with us was a large brown paper bag, spewing forth the Halloween hoardings of the child in the gorilla suit—candy corn and sticky balls of coagulated popcorn …— John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire, 1981 also : a piece of candy corn … a candy corn contest, in which participating kids guess the number of candy corns in a jar … — The Jersey Journal (New Jersey), 20 Oct. 2014
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game