can be forgivenidiom
Definition of can be forgiven
—used to say that what a person does or feels is understandable or that a person should not be blamed for doing or feeling something He can be forgiven for feeling this way after all he's been through.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game