Definition of campy
- campy horror movies
- campy humor
- Witnessing their synchronized routine, he almost expects them to break into some campy chorus line from one of the seedier nightclubs.
- —Margaret Atwood
- He could modify his outbursts into what were sometimes hilariously campy performances.
- —Robert Gray
campilyplay \ˈkam-pə-lē\ adverb
- The new film promises to be as campily outrageous as its predecessors.
- —John Stark
- … the Addams Family, the campily macabre clan created by the late cartoonist Charles Addams …
- —Margot Dougherty
campinessplay \ˈkam-pē-nəs\ noun
- … hoped to take Rocketeer to a much higher level of sophistication and avoid the campiness of some of the more recent comics-inspired films.
- —Ron Magid
- … a power-mad despot, played with exhilarating campiness by John Malkovich.
- —Steven Rebello