Definition of button bar
: a collection of buttons (see button entry 1 sense 3d) on a computer screen arranged in a single strip or block This is the part that's not very obvious: There is no visible button to attach a photo. In the body of the email message, you need to touch the screen where you want to insert the photo. If you hold your finger on the screen for more than one second, you should see a black button bar appear.— Jim Rossman
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?