Definition of butterfly kiss
: the act or an instance of fluttering one's eyelashes against another person's skin "… I've invented a new way of kissing. You do it with your eye-lashes." "I've known that for years. It's called a butterfly kiss."— Evelyn Waugh Studies suggest that the butterfly kiss occurs between people either who are madly in love or those who are crazy about each other. — Times Now News
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game