Definition of butt-ugly
: extremely ugly a butt-ugly building And even the butt-ugly smock that he—like almost all the other brokers—wears in lieu of a suit jacket, costs more than it seems it should.— Robert O'Brien, P.O.V., September 1998
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?