bun·ga·loid | \ ˈbəŋgəˌlȯid\
Definition of bungaloid
: resembling or suggesting a bungalow when the prairie house was a pink bungaloid rash on the great open spaces — Times Literary Supplement : characterized by constructions resembling bungalows depressed by the uglier and drearier parts of the town, or alarmed by its bungaloid outskirts— William Plomer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game