build ontophrasal verb
built onto; building onto; builds onto
Definition of build onto
: to add (a new room) to a structure that already exists They built a new garage onto their house. They built onto their house.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game