variants: or bugger around
Definition of bugger about
British, informal + impolite
1 : to spend time in a useless or aimless way We just buggered about all afternoon.
2 : to cause problems or trouble for (someone) I don't like being buggered about/around by faceless bureaucrats with all their forms.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game