Definition of bubble tea
: a sweet drink of Taiwanese origin that in its basic form consists of tea mixed typically with milk or fruit syrup and small balls of tapioca Cross the street and enter Ten Ren Tea … for a cup of bubble tea. An Asian drink made of tea and tapioca, it can be served hot or cold.— Tamara Best, New York Sunday Times, 22 Nov. 2009 Bubble tea originated in Taiwan and in the past decade has become a favorite Chinese treat. Imagine a spoonful of pea-sized round tapioca “pearls” mixed with tea, milk, or juice in many delicious combinations.— Ellen Freudenheim, Queens: What To Do, Where To Go (And How Not To Get Lost) In New York's Undiscovered Borough, 2006
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game