Definition of bubble tea
: a sweet drink of Taiwanese origin that in its basic form consists of tea mixed typically with milk or fruit syrup and small balls of tapioca Cross the street and enter Ten Ren Tea … for a cup of bubble tea. An Asian drink made of tea and tapioca, it can be served hot or cold.— Tamara Best, New York Sunday Times, 22 Nov. 2009 Bubble tea originated in Taiwan and in the past decade has become a favorite Chinese treat. Imagine a spoonful of pea-sized round tapioca “pearls” mixed with tea, milk, or juice in many delicious combinations.— Ellen Freudenheim, Queens: What To Do, Where To Go (And How Not To Get Lost) In New York's Undiscovered Borough, 2006
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game