Definition of broken record
- The Devil Rays' season of broken dreams has become a broken record. Loss after loss after loss after loss …
- —Joey Johnston, Tampa (Florida) Tribune, 26 May 2001
- I know I sound like a broken record but I'll say it again: I believe that it is virtually impossible to predict mortgage rates over the short term.
- —Henry Savage, Washington Times, 8 June 2001
- It's beginning to sound like a broken record. The Blackhawks' power play needs to become a factor in this Stanley Cup Final series starting with Game 4 on Wednesday …
- —Tim Sassone, Chicago Daily Herald, 19 June 2013