variants: or broey
Definition of bro-ey
: of, relating to, characteristic of, or suggestive of bros (see bro sense 2c) In marketing, even stereotypically bro-ey beers have begun pushing gender-neutral humor instead of ads dominated by babes in bars.— Kate Taylor … the clueless bro-ey guy who can't be bothered to notice what the women are forced to endure.— Tracy E. Gilchrist But fist bumps are too bro-ey and elbow bumps are just awkward. Imagine knocking elbows with your future boss at a high-stakes job interview.— Leslie Nguyen-Okwu Nelly stays on stage. Tyler and BK sling their arms over him in a series of stilted, broey embraces and the intro to "Cruise" slinks out.— Alex Robert Ross
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?