variants: or broad on
Definition of broad off
: on a bearing about 45 degrees from a fore-and-aft line at (the bow or stern) broad off the port bow broad on the starboard quarter
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game