Definition of branzino
: the mild-flavored flesh of a European sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax) We had grilled branzino (sea bass) from the Adriatic, served with crisp spinach leaves instead of salad.— Joseph Wechsberg, Gourmet, September 1973 also : the fish Striped bass and branzino are two fish that can be either wild or farmed. — Erica Marcus, Newsday (Melville, New York), 21 Aug. 2008
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?