Definition of box-elder bug
: a red-and-black sap-sucking bug (Leptocoris trivittatus) of the family Coreidae that sometimes feeds on fruit and hibernates in a partially dormant state often in buildings
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game