Definition of box barrage
1 : a barrage on three sides of a given area to prevent escape or reinforcement of the enemy or to cover the front and flanks of a friendly force
2 : a barrage of antiaircraft fire intended to block off invaders from a given objective
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game